Monday, August 2, 2010

Traveling to Nepal

Our travels to Nepal started when we left Curacao.  Here we are on one of our last days there:


Mom was with us on our last visit to the Hilton (We shall miss going there!):


Our last visit to Jan Thiel beach was a day with waves due to a storm out at sea:




Good-bye Curacao!



Here we are leaving!

 

We are looking relaxed because we made it!  When we were going through immigration, I put my drivers' license down along with my passport and my "Check-Out" paper which showed how we had successfully completed the nine steps to leave.  I did that because the paper had my maiden name which is not on my passport, but was on the license.  I had had a few problems at some of the check-out stops because they use maiden names and I don't and I wanted to avoid another problem.  Well, the officer looked at me and said, "You should have turned in this license."  "I didn't know.  It wasn't one of my steps."  "When does your plane leave?"  Uh-oh!  Ramon and I looked at each other.  Was she really going to make us leave the airport to turn in my license?

Then Ramon told her, "You know we are missionaries and we're going to Nepal.  If we are ever stopped by the Maoists and my wife shows her U.S. license, we could be in real trouble.  But if she can show her license from here, well, I'm sure we'll be OK."

She smiled, gave me back the license, and told us, "May God bless you."

Coming next, Part 2 of "Traveling to Nepal"




2 comments:

  1. Your hubby is a quick thinker! LOL.
    I´m glad you got through ok. YOu left a beautiful place behind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adventure! I can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete