Thursday, August 5, 2010

This and That

(Another mini post before I get to Part 3 of our travels!!)

No, we couldn't go to Kathmandu yesterday and Ramon didn't get to go with me (he was too busy) when I went to Banepa, but here is what I saw:

These fellows wandered all around and back and forth. 
No one I asked seemed to know what they were doing.

This fellow was doing an excellent job!
You can't tell in this picture, but it looks good enough to sell in a high-end baby boutique!

I saw a man who looked just like this, except that his suit was much brighter orange!  I didn't take
his picture because I felt funny shooting right in his face as he was walking right towards me. 
However, this fellow gives you an idea of what I saw.

And this fellow decided to visit our kitchen sink!  I made sure he didn't stay long!


Maybe he was trying to get out of the monsoon rains:

This is some of what the dampness is doing:
Any suggestions?  I've tried putting charcoal in the closets, which I read helps,
 but you can see it doesn't help!
We bought the charcoal at a tiny shop that sells little brass temples and such things like this:
Very interesting.


Here is the website of Nepal news in English, if you want to check it out:

By the way, I found some old copies of this newspaper in the library and found this headline one day:
Law to Catch Up With 5000 Convicted Criminals
Lead sentence:  Criminals, in the capital, beware!

:)

Bye and have a nice day!

3 comments:

  1. Its all so interesting. Its going to be a challenge to deal with the humidity and mold, I imagine you'll have to see what other people do! I hope to see more of the quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you! Your email was buried in my inbox. I am just catching up with it as I fell behind with Jewel's travels. Can't wait to read more.
    Humidity and mold were common in the jungle. I never quite conquered it, just fought it off as best I could.
    Wash surfaces with kerosene to kill existing mold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, may God bless you and Ramon in your work in Nepal. We enjoyed the pics and the details.
    Nacho (USA, Calif)

    ReplyDelete