Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Traveling to Nepal, Part 2


Well, what happened next?  We went to Maryland to visit my family--yeah!

We got there just in time for Memorial Day and went to D.C.  It was a beautiful day!

 
We followed the Rolling Thunder Vets...


...and went to the Vietnam Veterans Memorial:


It's always sobering to be there.

Then we headed over to the Smithsonian History Museum (where by the way you will find a very nice restaurant!):



Etc., Etc., Etc.!

Next it was graduation day for my niece!  I had gotten to attend my nephew's graduation last year, so it was wonderful be to at her graduation this year!  Here she is going on stage!  :)  (We were so far away that I had to take a picture of the screen!)


My good picture of her was taken at home with her "little" dog!


(I'm not so sure he was happy to be in the picture!)

The rest of our US vacation was spent relaxing around my sister's house--



eating out--






shopping--
(He bought the nose for his pediatric patients!)


and visiting my wonderful family--

(These pictures are not all strictly current, but I like them!)








 



 

 Good-bye (for now)!  See you on Skype!

Next--Part 3, South American Diary (our journey to Nepal continues)

No comments:

Post a Comment