Saturday, September 11, 2010

Red Letter Day!

It was a red letter day!

This week when we went to Kathmandu, it started out as just a regular day.  We were glad for the sunshine however, as monsoon season is still going strong (some days that is!).   Look at that blue sky:

We got to the part in the road, on the descent into the valley where we see this statue

and this scenery

and Ramon said, "Look Kathy!  Get some pictures!"  I said, "I already have pictures of this area."  "But look--take some pictures!"  "But I have enough pictures taken here already."  "Just take a look."  So I looked again and I said to myself, "Hey, what is that?  Is that...over there...behind the mountains...wait...YES IT IS!"

Look closely (double click to enlarge) and see if you can see the majesty before my eyes for the very first time~

I said, "Ramon, look!  It's the snow caps of the Himalayas!!!"  I was so excited and started snapping pictures while saying, "Ramon, look!  Look!"  He simply said, "I tried to tell you."  Because of the rains, the clouds were always covering this amazing sight and now, there it was before my eyes!  Oh boy, what a wonderful thing to behold!  These pictures will never win any prizes, but they'll have a special place in my heart to remind me of my first glimpse of these beautiful mountains!  I just want to say, "Thank you Lord!"

Imagine living here and waking up to this view:

or this!

Do these look familiar?  (They were taken from about the same spot as the picture at the beginning of this post that is just after the statue picture.)





Truly awesome!

When we got to Kathmandu, we got to see something else you don't see every day.  The Nepalese Army soldiers were practicing their maneuvers in the square.
 

We joined this crowd for a closer look.


There were a lot of them!
(They were putting their rifles up and down in domino fashion.)

They also practiced marching

while the band played.  They were quite good too!

To continue our excellent day, we ate lunch here.

We highly recommend it!



And rounding off the excellent day, something cute happened in the grocery store believe it or not!  While browsing in the produce department,

we heard a lady say, "Apple," and a chorus of little voices repeat (loudly) after her, "Apple!"  Then, "Pineapple," and the little voices, "Pineapple!" and then, "Watermelon," and "Watermelon!" etc., etc.  It was so cute!  It was an English class field trip!  Adorable!

All in all, it was certainly a red letter day!  We wish everyone some red letter days this week too!

No comments:

Post a Comment