Thursday, May 14, 2015

May 12 Earthquake!

May 12--another earthquake!

My word--it was the very next day after I posted the last post!

It was scary, I won't sugarcoat it.  We didn't have time to pray!
This is why I'm glad we prayed in the morning!

I've been working at home, because my new office is on the third floor of the hospital
and I didn't really want to go up there!

So, anyway, I was called up there for something
and had just said, "This is my first time to work up here since the earthquake because
I've been afraid to come up here for longer than a minute!"

THEN, there was a very loud noise, and the first shakes!
YIKES!  Say it isn't so!  It's so!  GO!

The building kept shaking badly and we all ran to the doorway,
which, by the way, we do at home when there's a strong aftershock.

However, this didn't stop and it was obviously the second earthquake many feared
was going to come, and as predicted, we found out later, was east of the big one.
We made a run for it down the stairs with the building shaking the whole time.

By the way, all day today, off and on, I've felt tremors.  Please keep praying!
We'll be sleeping in (Ramon) scrubs and (me) sweats so we can run outside in the night if we need to.
We'd been sleeping that way for two weeks and had just started wearing pajamas again.
Now, however, it's back to scrubs/sweats!

Here is the hospital's post of what happened:
http://scheermemorialhospital.blogspot.com/2015/05/earthquake-part-8-may-11-again.html

We are thankful that we are OK, but so sad for the devastation upon devastation.

The famous beautiful tourist town of Nagarkot was near the epicenter.
Remember this picture of my mom and me with the very tip top of Mt. Everest to the left of Mom?
Nagarkot!

This was also taken there!  You can't take a bad picture!

Here's our Nagarkot selfie:

Here's an article about what happened in Nagarkot.  I'm so sad.
http://therisingnepal.org.np/news/3457

The hotel we stayed at is the one called Club Himalaya.
To see pics, go to the "Labels" and click Nagarkot.

Here's an article about this quake.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/nepal/11600834/Second-earthquake-brings-Nepal-crashing-down-again.html

When you read about Sindupalchowk,
please note that it is the same place in the previous post where the team went.

Thanks again for your prayers and support.
Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

  1. Kathy, I remember that trip. It was wonderful and we had such beautiful weather! Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete