Saturday, December 18, 2010

Baptism

We had a baptism today!!!  What a beautiful blessing to see precious souls take a stand for Jesus when it's not always easy to be a Christian here.

We had a full house at church.
and enjoyed special music from the youth group at a children's home nearby.
Bless their hearts, they did a wonderful job, as usual.

This sweet young lady (who sometimes translates for me) gave her mother a break and babysat her little brother.

Ramon and this little one enjoyed a nice little conversation!


After church, everyone found their shoes (Yes, even when it's cold, no one wears shoes inside.  I bring heavy socks to put on, and I confess that today my feet were cold even in my heavy socks.) and went outside for the baptism.


Someone had a little accident.  Oh well--THE SUN IS SHINING!

Thankfully it was a nice day--a little cold, BUT THE SUN WAS SHINING!  Amen!

We gathered around the baptismal tank,
the candidates lined up,
and the pastor said a few words.

One of our Kindergarten students happily babysat the baby of one of the girls who was baptized.  Both are so adorable!


The grandpa you see here in gray raised his hands up in a cheer to show his happiness when he came up out of the water.  It was so beautiful!


Afterwords, we got in a circle to pray
and then walked around the circle to greet everyone--very nice!


Finally it was time to eat!


Wish you could have been here with us--you would have been blessed!  Thanks for your prayers which help us every day!

2 comments:

  1. So I gather you´ve been missing the sun? :)
    I´m glad you got some for the baptism. Looks like a very good day and many people made the effort to come, even though it was so cold!
    I wish I could send you some of our heat. We have enough for everyone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure that the whole day was a blessing for everyone. But, the baptism outside in the cold? I just looked at this and shivered. You know how I hate cold! But I pray that these dear souls were blessed and that God will always be by their side. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete