Saturday, July 23, 2016

What I Do Differently Now

Hi!  Here's a little cuteness to start the post with!

They escaped from their classroom to greet me!
It's wonderful!  The joy on those precious faces lifts me up every day!

Anyway, we are fine and thankful for all our blessings.  However, it's 15 months
post-earthquake, and I still do some things differently than I did pre-earthquake.
This may or may not be interesting to you!  

Anytime I think I will lighten up, we get another aftershock--like today:

and yesterday:

So, I don't know about other people, but I never fully relax.
I still "start" when I hear a noise like a dropped book or something.
I look around and wait to see if it's an aftershock.
Will it stop or keep going...like the earthquakes did?

So, yes, every morning this is me:
(photo credit:  pinterest.com)

Now, I don't think my brain has changed,

 although some people might challenge me on that,

(photo credit:  cliparting.com)

but I do some things differently now.

I don't lounge around in my pajamas and robe anymore, either in the morning or the evening.
I get up and get dressed right away, and don't take my shower and get into my pajamas
until right before I want to go to sleep.
(photo credit:  pinterest.com)

Speaking of showers, we still take the fastest showers we can.  
Of course, we have always had to take fast showers here!  The water can run out at any moment,
so you always have to wash your hair first to make sure you can rinse it!

Then we had the earthquake, and taking a shower during aftershocks is a little shocking, 
so you don't want to fool around!

Of course, this past winter, during the fuel crisis, we didn't want to run out of gas, so...fast showers had to be the norm!  Lucking we had experience. and 
we were blessed that we didn't have to wait in line like so many had to do.

We're still taking fast showers--it gets to be a habit here!
However, when we were on vacation, we took very long showers!
(photo credit:  cliparting.com)

Another thing I do differently, is walk back and forth into the kitchen in the mornings to sip my coffee which I keep on the kitchen counter, until I've drunk enough so that I'm not
afraid that this will happen:
(photo credit:  dreamstime.com)

During a recent aftershock, this happened:

 Luckily potatoes aren't breakable!

Anything else?  Yes.

I keep a set of clothes right near our bed in case we  have to jump up and go outside.
(photo credit:  thelittlehoneybee.com)

Our shoes are near the front door.

By the way, while looking for that picture, I found my dream closet:
(photo credit:  dawn.com)

Anyone else love this?!?!?!

We also keep a backpack by the front door with a water bottle, cookies, and toilet paper!
 We're not this organized, but it's a good idea and something the American Embassy
told us to do when we first got here.
(photo credit:  ebay.com)

Lastly, as soon as dusk starts, I put my Energizer headlamp flashlight around my neck.
(photo credit:  headlampflashlights.com)

When the lights go out, I don't have to fumble for a flashlight, as it's always around my neck!
I love it!

Here's a really interesting article about preparing for natural disasters:

We have both survived other natural disasters, and are certainly thankful to the Lord
for His mercies!  Those stories will have to be in another post!

Have a nice and disaster free day!  Blessings to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment