Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Home again, home again...

Hi from Nepal!  Yes, we are back home in Nepal again! As we flew in, we saw something peeking out above the clouds:
Beautiful!!!
Previously when we've flown in and out of Nepal, it has been too cloudy to have this amazing view so this was a nice treat!

We're so happy to be back home again, and "Vacation 2011" is now a happy memory.  Here are a few highlights:

Shopping in Ohio--

(Anyone surprised that my mom wanted to visit this store?!?!?!)
  
 (No, he didn't buy this Ohio State hat!)

Shopping in Paraguay--



Driving through Cumberland Gap, Maryland on our way to Ohio--

(No, while driving I never accidentally drove on the left side like they do here in Nepal.  However, while a passenger, I often had a moment of quiet panic when the car turned into the right lane!)

At this rest stop, 

Ramon followed me right into the Ladies' Room!  He said he'd been following me from continent to continent and it was just a habit!  :)

Playing with my sister's dogs--

and friends' dogs in Paraguay--

and my mother-in-law's cat--

Ramon preaching--

Relaxing...

Finding this picture that I love of my dad (fourth--from the left) and his high school friends--
(The one on the far left is my uncle who married my aunt!)

and this one of my grandmother when she was in high school--

Ramon loved finding this one of me when I was in elementary school--

Flying (a LOT--11 flights in all!)


Waking up mid-flight (yes, I actually slept now and then on some flights)
  to notice we were flying over Haiti--

Miami--

Love these vintage photos that are in the airport!

Delhi--

And finally--back home to Nepal! 
We've got some visitors with us who met up with us in Delhi--my mom, niece, and a friend--

We're so thankful for all of the most wonderful visits with our most wonderful family and friends!  Now we're refreshed and ready to get back to work!  Ramon has started right in and has been very busy, but I'm able to relax and acclimate since it's a holiday time.  I'm happy to report that we do not have much jet lag (unlike last year for me!) so that's a relief.  Well, until next time--have a most wonderful day!

2 comments:

  1. Kathy! How could you possibly be rested from a vacation like that!? You're funny! You are certainly a seasoned traveler that's for sure! I'm happy to see that you had safe travels the entire way. Carry on in your ministry in Napal!
    Shari

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen that picture of Grandma before (or of little you). It was great seeing you this summer. Glad you made it back safe and sound.
    -Bobby

    ReplyDelete