Saturday, August 13, 2011

Travelin' Home!

Yes, we made it home safely!  What happened and where did we go?  First of all, we spent the night in Kathmandu so we could relax before the long flights.  It was a festival day, so we saw colorfully dressed people out and about including those visiting the statue of Shiva we passed by on our way to Kathmandu.




Not everyone took the day off.


We super recommend the Kathmandu Hyatt Regency.




We also super recommend relaxing before long flights.  We were well rested when we went to the airport.



At the airport we were happy to run into a young friend who was traveling to the U.S. to start his studies.  We knew he'd be there, but we didn't know if we'd actually "bump" into him, so it was nice when we did.  He was on our flight to Delhi.  I must say that the refurbished Indira Gandhi International Airport is REALLY nice!

Even the restrooms are nice!

Finally we arrived in LONDON!  You can see how happy I was to be back...

...and how happy Ramon was with his fish and chips!

Even though we stayed in the airport, the shopping was Great (with a capital G!)!  Loved Harrods of course!
 
My third time at the checkout counter I told the girl that I was so happy the shop was there for those of us who aren't able to go into town.  "Oh, lots of people tell us that," she said.  Then she continued, "Have you been able to go to our main store in London?"  "Oh yes, many times.  But it was before you were born," I answered.  "Well, when was it?"  "1977."  She smiled.  "Yes, that was before I was born!  You should see it now.  It's quite lovely."  "Well," I said, "it was quite lovely then too!  Maybe next time...!"

Goodbye Beautiful England!  See you on our return trip!

Hello America!  Happy to be back hone for a visit!  Thank you Lord for safe travels.  Look who was waiting for us at my sister's house--her beautiful Havanese puppy!  WHAT AN ANGEL!!!  We are in love big time!

He loves to play with his big brother.

Uncle Ramon is fun too

and so is hiding inside the coffee table.

"Please bring me some water."

"Now I'll go to sleep.  Night!"

Now I'll say Goodbye for now.  We wish everyone a beautiful day and as many blessings as we have!  :)

2 comments:

  1. See you soon!
    -Bobby & Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you made it home safely. Have a wonderful time and enjoy the shopping! I¨m sure you have a long list to get. :)

    ReplyDelete